Sunday, February 8, 2009

I am having an amazing time which is difficult to express with the oddly placed letters on a German keyboad.

I saw The International with Clive Owen/Naomi Watts. I've liked other previous stuff by this director (Run Lola Run), but I don't think this was my cup of tea, even though I like both actors. Amazing camerawork,though.

I have also:

Handled cameras in the last two days that cost half a million all on their own. They are HD that can do 35mm. Luminous, beautiful.

Worked with the guy who did the titles for Apocalypto.

Had a long conversation with all+around cool filmmaker M Dot Strange.

Met people from Mongolia, Egypt, Argentina, Taiwan, the Dominican Republic, Mozambique, Italy, many more places. AbsolutelĂ˝ amazing.

Was blagged into a German Film Institute party and ate spaetzle and Badisch ham (Hi, Simone!).

Gotten less than five hours of sleep every night so far.

It is really thrilling to be here. They had a film about global warming (documentary) set in Alaska which was very moving. We met the filmmakers, who were cool and very genuine too.

Been instructed on cameras by the people who shot Babel.

Handed info on Spaceships Over Corvallis to a casting director I would love to work with in Portland.

I am going to try to get 7-8 hours sleep tonight, because after all the week has only just started.

It is not pretentious here at all. Instead it is full of people who love films and love to talk about them. I love it. Wow. I am blown away.

xxx

2 comments:

Green Butterfingers said...

Sounds truly amazing and inspiring. And yay to the Spaetzle (but did you break your gluten-free diet? tsk tsk)

technodyke said...

I'm so glad you're having so much fun. It sounds bursting with opportunity! XO