Monday, June 4, 2007

The Book Launch



It happened in Portland two weeks ago and it made me happy. I posted this someplace else, but just to repeat... I had a really great time. It was very different from my first book launch, which was being associated with an anthology full of famous lesbian writers, so there ended up being 300 people there and it was quite anonymous, and someone was quite standoffish and weird to me (though someone else was so cool and kind as a result she became a lifelong friend) so I was nervous all through it.

This one was small and I knew everyone there (well, almost), and I was surrounded by people who loved me and wished the best for me, and it was the best questions-and-answers session I've ever experienced (though still a little grueling). We had Thai food afterwards. It was wonderful. I got peppermint water and flowers and my two-year-old niece commenting on dragons ("with wings!") on book covers (not my book, but another one).

I know which one I preferred. Thanks to my honey and my friends for making this such a special day. Thanks to my friend Christine and to my girlie for the flowers and cards and peppermint water. You guys all rock.

No comments: