Friday, August 24, 2007

I'd Forgotten

I'd forgotten I ever commented on this; that whole time feels very numbed. I stand by what I said at the time, though:

Vox Pop: War in America
25 September 2001


Four American RainbowNetwork readers give their side of the story following the terrorist attacks, the media frenzy surrounding the events, and the possibility of American retaliation in the Middle East.

• I think the media, both British and American, has been very irresponsible in their reportage of the situation: the constant repetition of celebrating Palestinians; the repeated comments of such reactionary U.S. politicians such as Hatch and Baker. I don`t understand where the BBC and Channel 4 are pulling all these right-wing U.S. speakers from to make their so-called considered comments, including some of the American ex-pats they`ve been quoting on the British TV networks. I wish they`d interviewed me. When I talk to my family and friends in the U.S., I have heard nothing but distress and shock, fear of war, abhorrence of the possibility of bombing and hopes for peace. This is a viewpoint that has not been publicised; with typical sterotyping, the British media prefers to show an America that exhibits knee-jerk jingoism.
Kathleen Bryson, writer and editor, London

From an article by Charlotte Cooper

No comments: